I got the small pond stocked today with 300 CNBG/RES mix. Fingerling is a stretch. More like quarter-fingerling. But I'm glad I'm getting extremely young fish so I can maximize their early growth potential. I'm definitely going to be getting them feed trained on Aquamax and doing some quality control on the transplants. I have actually stumbled on the concept of all male stocking before. This little grow out pond has been the subject of all sorts of experiments in past years. A few years back it was 100% golden shiners as a source of bait fish. One day I caught several mid sized redbreasts off the bed at the local lake. I put 3 of them in this little pond b/c I didn't feel like cleaning them. Nearly forgot about them until the following summer when I was dropping the water level. Those were some of the biggest redbreasts I've seen. I suspect they were all males as a result of catching them during spawning activities. the 1/20 acre pond was loaded with all sorts of forage and was plenty of space for just 3 fish to grow. I wish I had taken a picture of them.

Last edited by ColdSpringsFarm; 03/21/18 02:01 PM.

-Jason