Date is established for September 22, 2018. Put it on your calendar. Pittsburg, Kansas. We live on a working farm and there is plenty of room to stretch your legs.

For a little fishing fun we have our 3 acre main pond stocked conventially with LMB, BG, RES and CC that is now 5 years old. We also have an old refurbished one acre pond with the same fish but added GSF and BH for some variety.

Also have a new pond to show off that is about an acre that is dedicated to raising RES and just last fall stocked with SMB for the predator to control the RES numbers. It will not have any big fish to catch, but if anyone wants to try their hand at catching a RES in a pond without competing BG getting to the hook first, there should be significant numbers of catchable size by September. Also if someone just wants to help me a little in some SMB transfers, the SMB should be of size I will be ready to catch up to about 30 of the overstocked and move to my main pond. They will only be a foot or so long, so no great excitment, but maybe something different to catch if you don't have SMB in your pond. I plan on having a holding cage set up that day specifically for the purpose should anybody be interested.

Enough for now. More details as time goes by.

Last edited by snrub; 03/08/18 10:01 PM.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine