Soooooo....I appear to be off to a bad start. I went out to check on the feeder yesterday and to see how the pond was doing after around 1 inch of rain. As I approached the pond I noticed some feed that had obviously been wind blown to the far side of the pond from the feeder. Closer inspection and the downwind side of the pond edge was COVERED in Aquamax 600. I felt my stomach sink as I realized most of the 20 to 25 lbs of feed I put in the feeder on Saturday was sitting at the edge of the pond. I pulled the feeder to shore for inspection, and could see from the feed dust covering the feeder that SOMETHING had obviously triggered it to run for a long time. The battery was reporting mostly drained as well and had apparently been drained enough to reset the clock on the timer unit. So about 20 lbs(and $20 dollars) of feed as been wasted.

My theory is that SOMETHING triggered the 433mhz wireless switch to activate. It was set to the default where "button A" turns it on and "button b" turns it off, so if some sort of wireless interference cut it on, the likelihood is low that another signal would come to send the "off" command. I tried to reproduce the problem last night but the timer going off doesn't seem to cause it. I've since reprogramme the wireless switch so that "button A" is a momentary switch. I think that will be safer.

I'm going to redeploy with only 4 or 5 lbs of feed and see how it does. Will keep you guys updated!

-Jason