Originally Posted By: Bill D.
Originally Posted By: Bill D.
Update.... I also installed 4 flashing amber lights today in an effort to annoy them if they sneak back after dark. Jury is out on the results.

Jury is still out on the flashing lights but we no longer wake up to geese on the pond that have sneaked in after dark. Maybe they are working. The lights I bought are solar powered and extremely well constructed. Maybe the cost of 4 lights for $185 delivered was worth it...still getting random geese dropping in during the day though. Must be last years goslings that are too young too nest.

Update on my flashing yellow lights as a geese deterrent. My understanding is the lights are supposed to make the geese think a potential predator is nearby and prevent them from staying at the pond at night.

As dawn was breaking over the pond this morning, I noticed a pair of geese....camped out next to one of the lights!! frown I will give it a few more months but I think this experiment is going to be a failure. I wish the lights were adjustable with respect to intensity and frequency of flash. Maybe that would make a difference????

[Linked Image]
Be Brave Enough to Suck at Something New!