I started research on building a pond on your site the first of the year in 2016. I subscribed to pond boss and read past post on the process. I thought I did my homework. I decided on the builder from the resource guide. They are very knowledgeable and experienced. They did not do any bore samples. Half way through construction started hitting rock. I asked if this would be a problem. They said it shouldn’t be. Well, it is! I’ve pumped over 1 million gallons plus a lot of rain. I shut the pump off and the water is gone in about 2 weeks. They believe it’s leaking out the bottom. I contacted builder June 2017. The pond was built in October 2016. They didn’t come out to look at it until they end of July 2017. They said they will put out bentonite next month. They didn’t get to it until end of October. They put 4 super bags 12000 pounds in the area they thought was leaking. Started pumping in water at 48000 gallons a day for 10 days. For the next 2 weeks water level never changed. They said we must have missed the spot. They’ll be back out. I’m still waiting. How long do you give a builder. The contract was for a pond not a hole in the ground. I have six inches of water.
Sorry so long. Jeff