Jeff,it has been a long time.That big rain in August came right when they started digging my pond,which did help with the compaction.
They are saying Thursday may be dry, but other than that some rain every day from now thru Sunday.The small rain we had last Thursday night and the light snow and rain we got Saturday morning gave me a few inches back in the pond and has the ground a little soggy already.So I'm hoping to see a couple feet in the pond with all of this,and will be surprised if I don't get at least one foot.
I know all the ponds I see around me that aren't spring fed or have very large water sheds are down 3'-4'.The old silted in pond on my property is down about 3',it looses the first foot pretty fast and then slows down, but it has a very large water shed for it's size.A few weeks ago while it was frozen I went out on it and made some hole so I could see how deep it is and it only had about a foot left in it.After I build on the property and I'm living on it I may try to clean it out.
Jeff,would putting some bails of straw in the right place help keep some of the mud out of your pond when they start tilling?
I hope all of us caught in this drought gets a lot of rain this week!

Bob

I Subscribe To Pond Boss