A little rain but not any measurable rain at one time since the good rain event a few days back. Looks like we may have 100% chance of rain each day for the next week but we shall see. Another good rain event would help a lot. In a normal year here, we would see the local rivers be out of the banks this time of year. And we are not seeing that so far. And I dropped the sample in the mail to Bill Cody yesterday along with a note to what I am seeing. I am very interested in seeing Bill Cody's results.

While doing some Alum treatment experimentation, I saw a small amount of Alum would drop out the plankton(green stuff) to the bottom of the gallon container, but the sample would remain a light cloud colored cloudy water with low visibility. The low visibility is coming from the cloudy water and not the plankton bloom. And after adding additional alum then the cloudy water would turn crystal clear.

I also reported here the pH was an 8.73 but it is a 8.37. My mistake. I want the water to have better visibility and may wait and see, but I may add the alum and leaning that way, so we'll see how the water does if we get some more rain. The recent rain event made little to no change in visibility.

Last edited by TGW1; 02/13/18 11:10 AM.

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy