Brand new to this forum and maybe in a little different situation. I have a farm pond that we use to water around 50 head of beef cattle. I dredged the pond about 15 years ago and had big plans, but like everything else those plans pretty much ended once we dredged it out. Have not done much with it since.
It has several small springs feeding it as well as the surrounding hill sides and run off. Let me start by saying this pond is in pretty rough shape, the cattle have had direct access to it forever, so you can imagine...
I am in the process of fencing it now and I am going to install a gravity fed waterer on the lower side of it. I want to clean this thing up. Maybe in the future stock it, but for now I need to just clean it up and get the water quality up. I have recently been speaking to OutDoor water solutions and Koenders, I thought I wanted a windmill... But after hours on this site I am really questioning that thought...
I had no idea I could run air for the 700 feet needed to reach my pond, again thank you Pond Boss Forum! So with all that being said, I am looking at the Koenders HD450 electric unit and the Aermaster Pro 3 from Outdoor Water solutions... Can anyone give me any thoughts or direction? Should I go electric? Should I go wind? Are these units worth the money?
Here is a little info on my pond.
1). 100' by 190', tear drop shape.
2). At its deepest point around 11 to 12 feet, tapered up from there.
3) Lots of Muck and brownish nasty water.
4) Used for livestock water.
Any help or words of wisdom would be wonderful!!
Thanks
Jason.