Todd, here u go from recent LSU water test.
Alk - 180.56 LSU put it in the medium range
Hardness - 46.76 LSU had no range here (high or low)
Visibility 9 to 10" of a cloudy light green water, it's more of a milky cloudy than green.

ewest, using only my input of information available to him, commented low vis could be due to drought conditions, high fish count and feeding. I could agree with that. I've been in a drought at my place for the past two years with no flush of pond water.

My recent research here at this forum (in the muddy water forum list), I found reported by Northband on 7/26/17 titled Cloudy water, aeration and enzymes. He experienced cloudy water due to excess bacterial growth after adding a bacteria, enzyme and dye product. I added a similar product Last Oct. I also found in aquariums where water was cloudy sometimes it was due to excess bacteria blooms. It is possible I am having a bacterial bloom I think.

I also just added this week 3 tons of Gypsum to the pond to increase the calcium content in the water. I did not add it to clear the water because I new it would take much more gyp than the 3 tons I planned to add.

One more thing, it really sucks having the water color and clarity I have. especially if I caused it by adding the bacteria.

Last edited by TGW1; 02/11/18 08:45 AM.

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy