Al, I unloaded 3 tons off my duel axel trailer using a shovel and the front end loader on my tractor. I added most of it into a ditch that runs between my sediment pond and the big pond. And then turned on the water well running at or around 50 gpm into the ditch. It flushed some of the larger particles of gypsum down stream and into the pond along with flushing some dissolved gyp into the pond also. I added a little more than half of the gyp this way. I will continue to add the remainder of it the same way. This is the process I used when adding agg lime to the pond and I think it has works better than adding things like agg lime or gypsum to the pond bottom or flushing from a barge or boat. Anything that does not dissolve at that time will go to the bottom of the pond where there is little to disturb it. But adding it the way I do, anytime we get rain, the sediment pond overflows into the ditch and will disperse the mineral into the pond. As I was adding the gyp yesterday I saw foam run down the shoreline for 200 yds and that tells me I am getting some dispersion. I also saw a new sandy looking shoreline at the ponds edge at the ditch, where the non dissolved material made a new sandy bottom where wave action will also help to dissolve it. Hay, it may not be the best way to add it but it has worked well for me in the past. It would work better if I had the diffusers running and moving the water around. My goal is to raise the calcium above 25ppm, I am @ 13 and a half ppm right now. Are you seeking the same at your place, what is your goal when adding 20 to 30 tons? $$$ Yep! And do you lay a tarp on the ground around the ponds edge and flush it in?

Last edited by TGW1; 02/06/18 07:49 AM.

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy