Hay there Brian and Pat. I agree Brian with your thoughts of increasing the watershed and I have a plan. But what I really need is some rain. When I built the pond it filled in 4 months and did so this time of year. And the watershed is not near as nice as yours but it should keep the pond full and flushed in a normal year. Problem is, I continue to receive little rain. A drought is an understatement. The driest fall and winter I have ever seen at the farm. I sure hope my game plan does not have to be repeated every year. But I will stay the course for my goals. And I have been thinking of giving you a shoutout. I may add some solar surface aeration this year and would need your guidance. I have been thinking of reducing the 24 hr per day diffuser time during the heat of the summer and was thinking surface aeration might help if I decide to go to running diffusers at night. Hot water top to bottom 24/7 can't be good. and as far as feeding, I always have plans of reducing feed but when I see All those feeding at the trough, I want to feed more, lol. I have to stick to a plan smile

Pat, your pond without overpopulation of Cp would not be the only pond I have seen where the Cp grew to a nice size and did not take over the pond. All ponds seem to be different don't they? You mentioned the tfs and it's good if they survived this winter. While working with my new Golden Retriever pup yesterday at the pond, I swear I saw something that was sparkling at the top of the water in the middle of the pond and suspected it was tfs. Now wouldn't that be nice if mine survived this really cold winter?

So, nether of you two mentioned your spring plans, what is up with that? Brian, how are your indoor Tp doing?

Last edited by TGW1; 02/05/18 07:33 AM.

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy