Coldsprings, I fed purina last year...as well as the TSC feed when I couldn't get purina. I have also fed Optimal. I know it seems expensive compared to the TSC feed, but if you look at the breakdowns of the feeds, the first ingredients, fish meal compared to grain based meals thats where most of your expense comes from. The higher quality base ingredients.

But I will tell you simply from my experiences, The higher quality feeds are much more palatable (taste better) to the fish you are targeting. Simply watching the response after a few feedings of each. The reaction, the intensity of which the fish strikes the feed is MUCH stronger and faster, then even the way they look after feeding each type for a while.

I was a an agri teacher for about a decade I had MANY kids showing...feeding everything from all purpose pellets to Moormans and Purina show cattle feeds. Your talking 6-8 dollars a bag to well into the 20's for a bag. Could you tell a difference in the cattle when it came time to show...sure you could. When growing out livestock you really are what you eat. The higher quality base ingredients you have the better growth and overall health and look of the animals in question will be...weather fish, cattle, dogs, etc. I think you'll love the AM feed. I fed 500 last year. I think I'm going to go back to Optimal this spring, but they are BOTH great feeds.

Have fun with it, nothing better than sitting on the bank on a spring evening watching the fish eat. About the most relaxing thing you could I think!