If it is a kids fishing pond I would leave out the shiners (GSH) for now. Adult shiners are a notorious pest for panfish anglers especially when using live bait and bobbers. It looks like you have a bite but it is just shiners always pecking at the bait.
FYI when you add 6 - 8 bass as soon as they are mature and a spawn you will now have numerous bass. This can be good and bad. Good in that numerous small bass will allow BG to average larger sizes. Bad in that too many bass often overeat the food supply, not grow much more than 10"12" and could even suppress the BG numbers. With reproducing bass numbers they will need to be well managed to get the best BG fishery.

With just 0.25ac consider doing homework and using hybrid BG instead of pure BG. HBG are very aggressive quick biters for anglers and fast growers when fed pellets (3"-4" to 8" in one full summer). HBG need a good number of small body size bass as a partner to keep their offspring very low density and the remaining HBG growing fast. Various offspring of HBG loose some of the hybrid growth vigor as the years pass. There is a lot of info about HBG in this link from our Archives.
http://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=256325#Post256325

Some have suggested HBG with channel catfish (CC). CC will reproduce in a small pond so to get the best fishery their numbers need to be reduced. Reduction is most often using LMB. If it were my kids pond I would use HBG with hybrid striped bass (HSB). Other species can always be easily added later when the need arises to improve the fishery. Not really true once a pond has BG & LMB both very hard to remove all to prevent reproduction.
Info on HSB -
http://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=92629#Post92629

The BIG benefit to using the small pond is it can relatively be renovated and start over with a completely new fish combination when things become a serious problem.

Last edited by Bill Cody; 01/26/18 03:20 PM.

aka Pond Doctor & Dr. Perca Read Pond Boss Magazine -
America's Journal of Pond Management