You are, of course, spot on! I work full time+, have two kids in their early 20s to visit with, am restoring a 1951 M37 Dodge, am having a MX-5 2.5L engine swap, (SC, exhaust, clutch, radiator) upgrade done, also published 10 scientific papers last year and already have 5 more in the works for 2018 (2 done and 2 ready to submit), and in my spare time work with my wife and kids on restoring over 100 acres of wildlife habitat (which included operating an old dozer to dig my 3rd pond last summer (1/2 acre)). So as many folks here. pond management is a hobby for me. I am good with having a trophy SMB pond because my goals often morph based on what is possible with the resources invested. If I also end up with a few large YP and maybe a couple trophy RES then that is a bonus. Projects for this year include getting storm-downed trees out of paths and harvesting the logs for my son to work with my friend and mill into lumber to help with his new home purchase which he is gutting, moving spoil dirt from last year's pond project into a backstop for a firing range and also to add some topography to another wildlife area, and depending on time, building another pond/wetland complex with the dozer. I have about 300 years of planned projects ahead! Sometimes that means compromise:)

Last edited by RAH; 01/19/18 06:42 AM.