I hope to get enough rain sometime soon so I can start stocking my new pond this spring.lol!It took me about a year longer to get my pond built,so my first goal to get it stocked in a way that will get me fishing the fastest without screwing things up.lol!My long-term goals are just to have a fun place to fish and a pond that looks clean.I'm not looking for trophy fish but it would be nice to have a chance of catching a 4-5 pounder every now and then.The fish I plan to stock are FHM,RES,BG,LMB and a few HSB if I can find them.I know most people on here like to only stock FHM for the first year,but I've read where some people have stocked the FHM and BG at the same time.I know there is at least one fishery near me that has on their website to stock the FHM,RES and BG together in the spring and then stock the LMB in the fall.I would like to do something like that if I can.I was also thinking of stocking advance size fish to speed things up.
My pond builder said my pond should be 3/4 acre but I was thinking I would stock it like a 1/2 acre.I may feed,and I hope to add a aerator in a year or so after we build on the property and have power.
What do you guys think?

Bob

I Subscribe To Pond Boss