No Hurricane water, turned east before it got to my place. I misspoke earlier, I had a two inch rain in early Aug and 3" in late Dec. And that is it! We had two big rain fronts come through in Dec. One gave me the 3 inch rain and I missed the second one, it went just north of me. Right now, I am down 2.5 foot from syphon point and a good foot down from normal pool. My neighbors, one of them is a dirt contractor and both agreed we are way down from our norm. We should be getting 4 to 5" per month right now. With the ongoing drought I ran a lot of well water the past 6 months. The well water has never caused the excess blooms before, so I don't think it is a contributor now. I ran a lot of well water when filling the pond 3 yrs ago.

I have a question. When treating for excess plankton blooms, would one add the algaecide (1/4 of the pond at a time) prior to treating excess phosphate, or visa versa? And during this time of year my DO is most likely the highest of the year, so this would have to be the best time to use an algaecide? Old threads talk of a product Phoslock, any newer reports on this product? I could do nothing but that would be poor pond management I would think.

Last edited by TGW1; 01/08/18 08:32 AM.

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy