I made it to the pond today, first time in a week after this cold spell. I found a couple of breeder sized TFS floating. But I also found the pond water still with an excess green water color. Now going on 90 days of this excess green water. Visibility was at or around 9". I was hoping the cold water would kill of the plankton bloom, it has done so in the past. I have to take care of this before I add anything else to the pond. Plans are to catch a water sample today and get it sent off for a water test. I am frustrated to say the least. Awhile back I got a sample and did a jar test and found decaying material floating in the sample after a day or so. I am now thinking of Alum to reduce the phosphates and or a chemical to kill off the plankton by treating 1/4 of the pond at a time. And I am still fighting a drought at my place. I have had one decent rain a couple weeks ago and that was the only measurable rain have seen since last June. Pond came up about a foot but it is still close to two foot from being full. I am pretty sure I can say "It sucks" I need some more rain.

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy