Hello all,
I'm new to posting here (just registered), but have devoured so much of the fantastic information that you all have so generously put out there! Thank you many times over! Just getting ready to start moving dirt this summer for a 1 acre pond.

Here is my question - Would there be any consequences to using a 275 hp Rayco Hydra Stumper to remove all my stumps from about an acre of land?

Most of my trees are between 4 and 6 inches in diameter, though half a dozen are about 18 inches in dia. I was all set to yank them all out with an excavator come spring, but now have a guy that could bring in one of these Rayco stumpers. I am attracted to this due to the fact that I would have no stumps to either burn or pile far beyond the dam (I am definitely not burying any of them in the dam).

Just wondering if any of you have used a stumper prior to a pond dig, and any tips or unforeseen consequences that resulted. I'm also wondering if these stumpers truly go deep enough to eat up all the root mass? Are all the extra wood chips in the topsoil a pain in the butt, or do they pretty much "disappear" once you start dozing that soil around?

Thanks so much for any advice!

Bordersgent