Al, it has been interesting to say the least. smile If I were to do it all over again, and stayed with the high forage stocking rates, I would have used yoy lmb for the first stocking of lmb and not fingerlings. Or I would have built the forage pond earlier and grown out some of the legacy's, like u did. Hind sight is 20/20. Todd Overton has really helped me out, he found me some legacy yoy that we used to restock and they seem to be doing well in the pond. And on the e-shock I am going to wait till next fall unless the lmb wr/rw is real low and then I may do a shock to remove some of them. Al, did u add small Tp from Todd Overton this past fall?

Eric, around this time last year, I read an old post where Todd Overton said 12 lbs of Tp per acre was a good number for lmb/bg ponds. And that is what I did last April. Looking back since last April, I would see a couple of small schools of 2 to 3"Tp hanging out in an area of the pond daily. And by Sept, I would see a school of 25 or so 6 to 7" Tp at two of the feeders. If I read it correctly, I produced enough Tp but it was with the TFS. This year I will be surprised if I keep the TFS, if that's the case and I do not add the GSH, would you have a number(ponds per acre of Tp) in mind? I would like to see what u think? Maybe 15 lbs per acre? Or maybe hold off and see what kind of bg production I get and then add Tp come Oct. It would keep biomass down, what u think?

Last edited by TGW1; 01/04/18 08:25 AM.

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy