Hi folks. I just registered hoping to get some answers to our pond questions. The Mrs and I have owned our place here in North Florida for fifteen years. We have a very small pond which lies in a sinkhole (sinkholes are very common here). It is not a naturally-occurring pond; it was constructed by the previous owners. It is fed by a very low-volume seep and by rainwater. The pond is small, oval-shaped - probably 50-60 feet at its widest and a little over 100 feet long. Very much bowl-shaped. The original owners told us that the pond is about 12 feet deep at its deepest, but I have never attempted to verify that. We have had problems with aquatic growth since the very beginning, mostly duckweed.

We have hired a contractor to control and maintain the aquatic growth. We figure that this will give us a good start. But we want to aerate the pond which we expect to dramatically help us with water quality. We've been doing some research but we are still very much newbies. I found a great YouTube video which recommends the Hiblow compressor. I think I can handle this as a DIY'er but I want to make sure that I select the right unit.

I am thinking about going with the Hiblow HP100LL compressor. I just want to make sure that I select a large enough unit to allow me to run two aerators with one at or near the deepest part of the pond. Based upon the size and depth of the pond (assuming that 12 foot depth to be accurate), will the HP100LL do the trick?

I realize that I may be able to spend countless hours perusing various threads to get my answer. But I was hoping that a resident expert could save me the time.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: The pond is not stocked. We see a few very small fish but nothing large at all. We have turtles and frogs, a few snakes, and, just a few weeks ago, an otter.

Last edited by SharpestJim; 12/28/17 11:26 AM.