Originally Posted By: Bac078
Thanks both of you. Bocomo, are you the same Bocomo from Archerytalk that made paracord slings? I bought some for my brother and I years back, and they are still in use and as awesome as when we bought them from you. I appreciate the info and resource. Im not from Polo originally, so I had no clue that company was right in my back yard. I was hoping if I drained it myself, I could skip that expense and not have to breach the damn. Im going to hire the work out, and not try it on my own. But before making calls, I wasn’t sure if I was looking at $6k-$10k, or $15k and up. I tried the muck measuring test as I saw on a search on here, and 5 feet from shore it is 2 foot of muck as measured in several places, i did not check out deeper... a little too cold here today

Haha, no, I'm not handy enough to make something like that!

We have an old 2.2 ac pond with a similar amount of muck as yours. Our dirt guy estimated $15-20k for the redo. We thought that number was reasonable.

The real problem is, we don't have anywhere to put the spoil. 2.2 ac times 2 ft avg muck is about 4 acre-feet! We have outbuildings below the dam so we can't just push it behind there and leave it.