so I have a 1.5 acre pond in Northwest Missouri that is unknown how old it is. It has about a foot thick carpet of what I believe is filamentous algae and chara. The pond edge all around the entire pond is about 2 foot deep out to 15-18 feet from the shore, from there it drops sharply to 9-10 foot deep throughout the rest of the pond. When you walk out in the pond you really sink down because of the silt, which I am guessing is 2 foot deep or so along the perimeter. My hope was to get someone with an excavator out here and dig out the perimeter and leave the middle alone. But I have no experience in this and don’t know where to start. The silt can be piled up and i have a loader that I can use to carry it to a nearby field or below the pond damn. Is this a workable venture, or is it better to just drain and redo the pond? I know my next comment will garner several it all depends, but Any idea on the ballpark costs for either venture? Like, am I talking several thousands, or 10s of thousands?