That is a great idea, and if I were that serious about this hobby that would be a definite step. But it likely will not get done.

The process and learning is as much enjoyment as the fishing for me. In that respect I lean more towards the John Monroe doctrine of letting the pond evolve and see what happens. Not near to the degree John does mind you, but since I really only started any significant amount of fishing four years ago, fishing or the fish I catch is not my primary passion.

So I do not approach the fish raising with such specific defined goals as pondmeisters that are serious die hard anglers. If I produce a trophy fishing spot, it will be as much by accident as design. I spend more time feeding my fish (by hand) than actually fishing for them. Die hard anglers would approach it differently. My main goal is to enjoy the pond as a whole. I would rather spend a week on the road with my motorcycle for what a fish survey would cost for the benefit I would recieve. I'm just not dedicated enough to my fishery.

Last edited by snrub; 12/18/17 12:40 PM.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine