Hay there Frank and a Merry Christmas. As you know I am sure no expert with ponds but thought I would point out what I see with the Tp in my pond. I very seldom see a lot of Tp from my 12 lbs per acre stocking. Even now as the water temps drop and they slow down and die off, I don't see very many. I am sure they are feeding my lmb and hsb. I do see one or two small schools(10 or so) of 2 to 3" ones almost daily during the summer and if it were not for the lmb feeding on them I would have Tp everywhere and in high numbers. I know that because I have been there and done that when I had low lmb numbers. Tp were everywhere swimming in schools of 20 fish or more in all different sizes. My point here is that the Tp in my pond are forage for the lmb and hsb and the predators defiantly feed on them or I would see them everywhere in the pond like I experienced before. So I think that is just one benefit not to mention I really don't have any FA in the pond when I have Tp. Another thing is when I added the brush piles along the shoreline(as per Todd Overton's recommendation) I saw BG in the 2 to 3" sized everywhere along the shoreline last June. Brush piles really improved the BG fry survival and got them to the 2 to 3" range. It was crazy how much the brush piles helped in BG survival. So, as you describe your undersized lmb, I think the Tp will help more than they hurt. And after Christmas you might round up 20 or so discarded Christmas trees and add them to your shoreline near any place where you think the Bg are spawning. From my experience and looking at a pond your size I would have at least 10 brush piles minimum along the shoreline. Best wishes and Merry Christmas

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy