Thanks for that input. As a goal of panfish fishery, that is what I am looking forward to having to manage - an overcrowded LMB situation. But what I have ended up with to date is leaning more towards a LMB trophy pond with few larger fish.

Although I did no relative weight checks on the BG we filleted, I would call most of them in good but not fat body condition. Once in a while I would run across a skinny one and you could sure tell it in the fillet yield. I feed about 3# per acre per day of AQ MVP so I think that is what has keept so many in the 6-8" size class in relative good condition.

I was just trying to stay ahead of the game as I did not see how so many in that size class could continue to have enough feed outside me increasing the pelleted feed. In the past when I was feeding more than I am now it compromised water quality because of my lack of flow through water during summer months. So I did not really want to increase feed rates. Not to mention the additional cost and we can only eat and give away so much fish. grin

Thanks for the link to the other thread.

Last edited by snrub; 12/15/17 07:53 PM.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine