Eric, Thank you for the info. I have to agree on one thing and that is I do not believe the agg lime raised the pH to an 8.5. pH was monitored pretty close for spikes and I have seen no pH spikes during the day after recent additions of the agg lime. I have seen spikes during the day prior to the last lime additions. The pond has had pretty much a constant 8pH. But, it's possible I missed a higher pH spike during the day, I guess. My last water ck, when I had a similar pH, I had 110 alk and the calcium was 40ppm. I am not saying that is where it is right now but I bet it is close to those figures. And I just received my PB mag yesterday, (guess it was lost in the mail) smile I requested another from PB office, the PB office jumped right on it and it arrived in a couple of days. I always read cover to cover as soon as it arrives. And I will re-read it when I have questions come up from time to time. I did read Dr. Boyd's article on Microbial additives for ponds. It may not sound like it, but I am not really into dumping chemicals into my pond water. However I like the possibility of adding Gypsum to increase my water hardness and in fact mentioned gyp in a recent post about stocking my daughters pond.

So, right now, when fishing, I catch some nice looking healthy fish. HSB and CNBG are doing well and the lmb, I don't know, I have not caught one recently. It's just the water visibility is not good and like Mr.Lusk said, I will continue to monitor. But I was looking ahead prior to this upcoming spring and what I might do to reduce the algae growth. It seems to be almost out of hand now and will or may get worse this spring. So would one just wait and see? And what about adding a phosphate blocker, any experience with that? Like I said, I don't want to kill of what feeds my little ones. And one more question please. what if the water remains too green due to a mild winter, should I give consideration to light treatment of algaecide while DO levels are high in this colder water?

Last edited by TGW1; 12/13/17 09:37 AM.

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy