ok, just so everyone knows, im not doing this myself. im still in the planning stages, and i'll definitely be getting professional help. to be honest, i'll probably have the entire "job" done professionally. but like i said, still in the planning stages. probably wont get started till next spring. all i really know is what i've learned from a few people who have build a lot smaller ponds, and the information i get from a lot other sources. just trying to get tips and thought from those willing to give them. and who knows, when the day comes that the lake is done, and the fish are worth fishing for, you might just get an invite. hope to hear from you all.

as for the construction, yes, a dam will be built, but most of the "lake" itself will be in between a few nice hills, mountains, whatever you want to call them. i'll be taking out around 130 acres of timber, some will be used for "cover", and some will be given away/sold. ive always dreamed of living on a lake, and what could be better than living on your own lake, and not having to worry about who's in your fishin area, or the boat traffic.

steve

steve