Hey guys, I have shut the valve off that is feeding my pond through a spring to try to get my dock installed which the water line is currently stopped right where the dock extends out to (24'). The dock is 16'X12' with a 5' by 12' walkway leading out. The dock is built in 2 sections and I have access to all the equipment needed to move it (full size lulls/track hoes etc). My question is, I have done a lot of research and understand there are many ways to do a fixed dock but I am looking for the best way to use pipe and where to anchor it on my dock. I would prefer to go just underneath the dock with the 2" sch. 40 galvanized pipe and have a extra piece of 2x6 for it to sit on then use the straps with the set screws to help stabilize it against the other 2x6 vertically. My main question: I currently have a dry area to put my posts in, I see a lot of folks just hammering the pipe into the bottom and setting the dock on it, wouldn't that allow for some settling over time? Or is that not really a concern? I am unsure whether or not to auger holes and try to concrete the pipe in then cut it to height using a laser, or just hammer it down a few feet with a trackhoe? Any opinions/suggestions would be appreciated, I am running out of time and I have 14 posts to set (I think) and want to do it the best way possible but also the most efficient way and not have it drag out multiple weekends, I do not have that kind of time, thanks in advance!