Before I ask this, I already know that the answer is "it depends" (as read in Bob Lusk's voice), but what I'm looking for is some opinions or personal experience in this area. This is by no means an "urgent" prospect in my life, but simply the beginning of another journey. I'm sure, the good Lord willing and as time allows, I'll share things with all y'all as they unfold.

Now, this was a big week for me and the Mrs as we paid off our home. For some, that may not be a big deal, but I've never liked being in debt and this was a big deal to me. Anyhoo, as we check the box on this life event, the wheels are turning around finding some land deeper into the country to invest in for recreation and get-a-ways. This land clearly must have (or eventually have) a pond(s), so here is the opinion poll:

Would you look for land with all the right ingredients to build a pond or would you look for land with an existing pond? Do you have personal experience or opinions around why one path is better than the other outside of the actual cost of building a pond?

I bet there is plenty of tribal knowledge around this subject and I'd love to hear your thoughts.

/clayton

ps. This would ideally be 100+ acres, so the desire would be to have a decent size pond for growing fish and fishing (which is not the goal of my current mini-pond behind the house).

96.85840735 percent clayton... the rest is just pi.

We become what we think about.