Bill it is a compilation of prior studies and the results of this study (see tank phase and pond phase)on BG/HBG/GG growth. Rather than look for results of the GG studies as requested I posted this which shows all the applicable fish strains (BG,HBG and GG). I will double check but I don't think they did genetic testing on GG so that comment is either an error or reflects what they were told by others (hatchery or prior researchers in Stienfelt study or possibly a prior Wang study).

My point for posting this is to show that hybrid/non-hybrid growth is an "it depends" conclusion. Much more than just genetics. The best IMO way to look at the chart is to look at Growth rate per day and SGR. To me there is very little difference over time in HBG, GG and Male BG potential. Just as professor Neal said at the PB conf. the great bulk of performance (growth/size etc) is due to conditions other than genetics like food , water quality , proper environment etc. with genetics making up the upper 10% of the equation. Those are my recollection of his comments not his words. There are , obviously other reasons to use/enjoy HBG like limited reproduction and aggressiveness but IMO BG/CNBG/HBG and GG all grow about the same when compared as apples to apples.

I am not going to redo the GG thread as it serves no purpose to me. I suggest if one is interested then go read the prior threads including the ones of all the participants from before. I think there is enough in those threads to inform any potential users of the possible risks and rewards.

Last edited by ewest; 11/28/17 10:55 AM.