I've been hunting quail for 40+ years here in Missouri. My father in law got me started. It's an addiction for sure. I ended up getting my two brothers and a two good buddies into it. We always had six to eight setters between us. All foot hunting, through some wicked stuff. I can't tell you how many pairs of boots I've been through. The tops would be shredded, but the bottom treads would still be like new.
Hunted for many years on a lease near Big Spring TX. My gosh those were amazing hunts! We always went after our season closed up here. We were concerned our dogs would get screwed up. The birds ran so bad down there. They were conditioned to the sounds of the jeeps. When our dogs would go on point, we'd pull up behind them, boil out of the jeep, and start running. Had to run on past the dogs a ways to get the birds to start flying. Blues and bob whites both, then the singles would hold. I had one big Setter that would run out front of the jeeps all day. Third gear (in four low)
Some years we hardly hunted singles, because we'd be into the next covey before we got to the singles from the last covey. I do love quail hunting in Texas.
Quail hunting anywhere is pretty fun.. wink

9 yr old pond, 1 ac, 15' deep.
RES, YP, GS, FHM (no longer), HBG (going away), SMB, and HSB (only one seen in 5 yrs) Restocked HSB (2020) Have seen one of these.
I think that's about all I should put in my little pond.
Otter attack in 2023