The poles are sunk about 32" below ground. No concrete, although that is plan B if I see movement.

The soil was much softer than I expected. The second hole immediately filled with water even though a foot above pond level. That slope has a seep or slow spring.

The fish were invisible for several weeks. Then the invertebrates, particularly the whirlygig beetles mostly disappeared. The few remaining are hiding inches from shore.

Then boom. Fish started eating like sharks and there are fry everywhere. I am feeding floating catfish food and the fish are just getting big enough to eat it. The minnows and fry gnaw on the sides of the pellets.

I am surprised that they got a spawn in this year. The cnbg and res were only a few inches. I got the fish delivered from Overtons and only lost one cnbg after stocking. Based on how aggressively they attack pellets I expect great fishing. And based on the number of fry I expect some very well fed lmb when they arrive next spring.

4 acre pond 32 ft deep within East Texas (Livingston) timber ranch. Filled (to the top of an almost finished dam) by Hurricane Harvey 9/17. Stocked with FHM, CNBG, RES 10/17. Added 35lbs RSC 3/18. 400 N LMB fingerlings 6/18