Unfortunately, I am not sure I will be able to get a temp reading in a month, Scott.

I THOUGHT I would get a temp/DO reading last year when we were out there for Christmas.... What a joke that turned out to be. Coming from Atlanta, 4'-5' of snow created problems I wasn't prepared for. Just walking, even with snowshoes, is a hell of a workout in that kind of snow at 10,000'. I strapped on the snow shoes and walked down to the lake with a 6' piece of rebar to see what kind of ice I could find. I walked out onto the peninsula and started poking around looking for ice. All I could find seemed like slush. I NEVER did hit anything solid like ice so I was scared to walk out off the peninsula. So then I was going to drag the boat out there, get in the boat to get out a little farther and poke around. I turned around and started trying to remember where the heck the boat was and realized I was going to have to dig a bunch of 4' exploration holes in the snow to find it! Not to mention how much the snow shoes were complicating all this. Then I realized, first, I was going to have to go back up to the cabin to get a shovel. That was it, said screw this and gave up on getting the data!

Last edited by wbuffetjr; 11/13/17 03:23 PM.

Keep This Forum Viable, Read Pond Boss Magazine -
America's Journal of Pond Management