I decided to just put a 2 inch piece of pvc in the 12 inch pipe end and then seal around it with concrete. Then I threaded a 3/4 hose end to test and see if once the 400 foot of 12 inch pipe filled up if there would be enough static pressure to push the water through 400 foot of hose with a 40 foot elevation. If this test worked I was going to trench in 1 inch pvc back to the pond and be done with the issue.

But a guy that I wished I had meet earlier in this adventure, suggested that this could still be problematic as the water could still look for another way escape and it could possibly be at a seam of some of the pipe through the 90 foot wide dam. I do know the guys that installed the pipe through the dam used a rubber gasket system and it "should" be fine, but I'm just not sure. I do not know enough about the dynamics of moving water.

But I do know that when I capped the 2 inch pipe and came back in 2 days the 400 foot of 12 inch pipe was full and when I took the cap off it flowed like a fire hose for 20 minute before slowing down. Based on info off the internet 1 foot of 12 inch pipe holds 4.88 gallons of water, so 400 foot means there is almost 2000 gallons of water leaving my pond every couple of days, or over 6000 gallons weekly. I would prefer it be in the pond if I can figure out a way.

Any help appreciated.