Well as they say, life is what happens while you are making plans.

Went out and caught around 20 LMB today in my 1.5 acre pond that was renovated 2 years ago. It was emptied and mucked out and dried for a month.

I put 8lbs of FHM and 1000 CNBG just after it got close to full around 1.5 years ago. Had the plan to wait until this spring to add LMB and that would really let the forage get established. I did add 50 or so Tilapia fry 1 year ago but it got really cold for a week last winter so think they died anyway.

So that is the back story.

Last week I had my trout rod in the truck when I was there so made a cast, ended up catching 4 LMB in 8 casts! WTH!!!

So I went today with a friend and in less than an hour we caught 20 or so LMB all were above the 80% and the largest ones were in the 95% RWR!

I did not see any CNBG but did not target them either. Could these LMB have gotten in my pond from a flood of my neighbors pond and then gone to town on the year old CNBG????

What do y'all think needs to be done? Should I get a feeder? I am pretty sure I need to get CNBG back in there fast but how without them getting chomped.

Thanks, will try to add pics.

Attached Images
IMG_3726_opt.jpg IMG_3728_opt.jpg IMG_3743_opt.jpg