You don't have to be sorry to me. If you hijacked me I already hijacked the original topic of the thread so I think we both are guilty. crazy

Eric thanks for those insights and I am on it. Caught some more 6-7" BG and a few GSF tonight that went into the fillet pen for later processing. Will continue to remove BG in the size class I have excess numbers and maybe the LMB will catch a good spawn year next spring and get better established.

Tracy I did not use any dye this year as I did not seem to need it. I had a good planktonic algae bloom fairly early that kept my FA in check so I never added the dye. From what I have learned from the experts is that if a person uses dye for FA control, use it very early in the season but do not add any later in the season if fish production is the goal. The reasoning is you do not want the dye reducing algae production at the time fish are spawning and the fry need the food chain doing well. Here is my experience with dye for anyone wanting to read about it. I have a whole case of dye on hand, but I did not use it this year. Hopefully I will not need it again next year also.

FA thread at the post where my pond dye use starts

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine