Three more HBG from today. These should be some of the natural hybrids that were produced in my sediment pond that was stocked with CNBG and RES. A few GSF got in there and I got lots of hybrids produced that I transferred to my main pond mostly as fingerlings. Most were GNBGxGSF but also some RESxGSF. These appear to be ordinary HBG from the CNBGxGSF cross.

The fourth picture I also posted on another thread on RESxGSF crosses, but I posted it again here so it can be compared to the other three hybrids.

Largest HBG went .63 pounds. All three went to the holding pen to be invited to dinner. Would have liked to put them back to grow out more, but I have so many BG if I am going to make any dent in the population have to get aggressive at taking fish out. So these three will go under the knife tomorrow. I've been returning to the pond only pure BG males over 8" that look like they have good genetics. I did return one really nice female. Edit: I also return the RESxGSF hybrids to the pond - there are a lot less of these than the regular HBG

Good day fishing. BG were biting great in 54 degree water. Must have caught something over 30. Still taking feed good too.

Attached Images
20171104_131639.jpg 20171104_132238.jpg 20171104_134034.jpg 20171104_152808.jpg
Last edited by snrub; 11/04/17 11:37 PM.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine