Awe, man... I'd take ya up on that... lol. I don't know the first thing about sexing bluegills though...

I have a lake management company locally that will source FHM for me, but I was thinking about driving up to http://baitbarnfisheries.com in Bryan and picking some up myself. Anyone on here have experience with that place?

It's raining like a dog here tonight and the spillway is working as designed. Prior to the rain start, I hadn't lost a bit of water since I stopped filling, but noticed the wicking action of the clay at the waters edge. Time will tell...

/c

Originally Posted By: scott69
i would stock with fathead minnows as soon as water conditions allow. then i would find someone with a bluegill heavy pond and try to get 100 percent males. i wish you were closer to me. i would love to cull some of my bluegill. you might grow a record fish in that little pond. if you had a 150 or so in there, it could still be fun for the youngster to fish in.

about compaction- my first pond was built with an excavator and dozer only. it never leaked a drop. it had really good clay. my second pond was built with large pans, off road dump trucks, etc and it leaks. i would feel sure that with that size pond it could be treated with soil floc and you would be fine. it really helped my leak. i bet you will be fine.. it looks great!!!

96.85840735 percent clayton... the rest is just pi.

We become what we think about.