It's bow season and I was in the country just fixing to leave the house with the XBOW and head toward a feeder and chair under a cedar tree. I have a corn feeder about 100 yards from my kitchen window. BTW, I don't live there. I looked out the window and there were 2 bucks feeding. So, not wanting to disturb that, I sat and watched. They fed for about 15 minutes and walked off. Then a couple more showed up. None of them met the "antlers outside the ears" measurement so were illegal. While they were feeding 2 more bucks walked by but didn't mess with the corn. Both were big bodied and legal. Several more showed up. Then, 2 little yearlings walked by about 40 ft from the kitchen. The bottom line is that 11 of them showed up in about a 30 to 40 minute time span. I went on my first deer hunt about 50 years ago and have never seen anything like this.

Oh yeah, hunted there this morning and saw nothing. One buck, legal and big bodied but had spindly antlers showed up this afternoon. Again, I was working on a chain saw and not hunting. Had I been there, I would have gotten busted. It walked right by the chair I sat in this morning. I wouldn't have gotten a shot had I wanted it.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP