Here are a couple fish pictures from the main pond. A CC and a GSF I am trying to grow to trophy size. The GSF went back in the pond to grow, the CC went in the holding pen to join us for a meal.

Been thinning BG over the last few months. Filleted probably a couple hundred with a few of them being hybrids.

Funny thing about the hybrids. Today around 5 o'clock the BG were not biting hardly at all. At least on what I was offering them. But I caught a half dozen hybrids and three GSF, one of them is the picture below. Any GSF under 6" get their tail cut off and back in the pond for bass snacks. The bigger ones go back to grow larger.

Normally out of thirty fish caught 27 would be BG, a couple hybrids and maybe one GSF. But tonight the BG were persnickety so the GSF and hybrids took up the slack. That is one thing I like about them because if nothing is biting I quickly loose interest. I am a lousy angler. But the hybrids will usually oblige and jump on my hook when the BG are on vacation. Caught both RES/GSF and BG/GSF hybrids up to about 9".

But along about the time the sun had just set, a little before 7, the BG came alive. Then it was fish on. Caught a dozen or so before it got too dark. I find it funny how that works. Someone other than me fishing and if they quit a half hour before I did might have thought I had a pond full of hybrids and GSF. But in reality they are more like one in a few hundred BG.

The CC I caught on a 2" GSF I had trapped out of my forage pond and decided to give live bait a try.

No bragging rights fishing, but I am happy with the results. I would like a few more size classes of LMB out there keeping my BG under better control though.

Ain't that a beautiful GSF specimen?

Attached Images
20171020_174711.jpg 20171020_182534.jpg
Last edited by snrub; 10/21/17 12:41 AM.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine