We just finished cleaning out a 40 yr old pond that had been filled with silt. Previous to the digging, we had removed all of the trees from both sides of the dam, some of which were very large and had roots that went well into the dam. One thing I noticed was that the pond seldom filled to the top of the tube. It usually remained approximatley a ft bellow the top. There was always water a the base of the spillway, in a large pool.

The tube was checked out by the NRD who stated that the tub was good. No reason to replace.

So now that the pond is filling. The water is only about 1 ft deep in the bottom of this 13 ft deep pond. The pond has two or three springs that supply it. Our water on this farm is only 8 to 10 ft down in places. Our wells are at 30 ft.

The question is that at the bottom of the spillway there is still a pool of water. The is no way for the water to even get close to the tub at this point. So what are the potential/likely sources of this water???? Do I still have a problem? Or is this just my high water table exposing water at my spillway?

Kevin