Well, Yesterday evening I was setting up a conibear trap for or at a new beaver den at the pond. And while doing so I saw what I believe are Muskrat holes ( a couple of them) near the suspect beaver den. So, I sat a 330 conibear near the beavers den and I will set another today. And I plan on setting some traps near the entrance of these two rat holes and was hoping someone here could recommend the size trap I should use on the rats (if that is what is in those holes at the water edge). It seems like every time we go through a drought, those dadgum fur barring, hole digging, fish eating creatures show up. So far it has been beavers, otters and now Muskrats, its a wonder I have any fish or water. Oh ! And fish eating birds too!! Any traps for those guys frown

Always an outdoor guy, but never planned on being a trapper. Pain in the arse but if I don't do something with all these burrowers that show up during droughts I will lose the pond someday, maybe sooner than I think.

PS, Anthropic (Frank), come see, you might see my success and failures in trapping. Hiring or finding trappers is not so easy to do. And I am sure there are some you don't want at your place, so it will be (most likely) a new trade you will have to take up at your new lake.

Last edited by TGW1; 10/19/17 07:23 AM.

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy