Hello,
Within the last 2 - 2.5 months we have noticed our pond's water line going down. We have a pond that is a little less than 1/4 acre located about 30 minutes SW of Cleveland, OH. I would venture to guess that it is down about 1.5 feet, maaaybe as much as 2 feet. We have river rock lining the pond and the water line is down to below the rocks and you can see the clay/mud on the sides. Now, I know that we haven't had much rain in this area, some say its drought conditions. But, I tend to worry so I want to make sure that this amount of water loss in this area is normal?

I called Aqua Doc, a local pond maintenance company, and they wanted to send out their pond construction crew, but they are booked until spring 2018. They also hinted that it could be a muskrat problem. I have not seen a muskrat or any evidence of their activity. The pond bank on one side is heavily overgrown as it abuts a stream. So, there is no way to check for muskrat activity on that side. This pond is also aerated and we have 2 dogs, so I would guess it's not ideal for Muskrat living. Just need to be talked off the ledge if that amount of evaporation is normal. Thank you!