Dr Luke I have shocked twice in my 3+ acre pond. Why? because I suspected low predator numbers, and the shock proved me to be correct. The shock sample did not tell me why the numbers were low but it did give me a snap shot in time as to where I was. For me, the sample may have shown low numbers but it showed some crazy growth in the fish that were in the pond. And I think that is what a shock sample will give you. That picture in time. I will say that the guys u hired should give u a good picture of what they see in your pond. They will see things you might not see, even though you might be in the boat with them during the sampling. The sampling took around two hrs of shock time to do my pond and another hr or so to weigh, measure and count the fish. And there was a write up following the survey with suggestions regarding your goals and how you might get there.. They might give a report on a water sample, I would ask for them to check the water for me(you). Have fun with it all, I would suggest you ride in the shock boat if possible. And I have to say that Overton's Fisheries did my shocking and I have been pleased with them for the job they did. I suspect your too far for them but I needed to say they did mine smile

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy