Ok fishman take it easy, as to answers to your question I "assumed" you all did not want to get that deep into my problem. I figured you would give a half___ answer and move on. Since I have your attention and you are willing to help here it goes. I can not answer all you questions at this sitting because I will have to look up numbers of fish though I could just guess. The pond is about 3/4 of an acre oblong not round Its starts shallow at one it that is fed from a creek that gets a lot of water on a rain and I mean alot of water it comes forward to the damn and is fed by two other wet weather creeks (only when it rains,), at the damn it is about 12- 14 feet deep. it is all red clay nice green grass all around it has a 4 inch overflow pipe that the state bioligist recommended that is about 3 time two small so it overflows the damn when it rains pretty good I can handle about 1 inch per day as long as it is slow and steady and not a downpour. As for structure I have christmas trees and I planted some oak trees in concrete when I built it for cover. I also planted a oat in the bottom and on the dam for the fish before the water came. the grass (oats) were probably 2 feet high before the water overtook it. No one believed me except for my dozer guy just how much water came into the pond area he now says he is glad he listened. He was finished with the pond last october 1 1/2 years ago(2002)buy thanksgiving it was full and running over the top of the damn, tahts a lot of water. I made 1 side a steep drop off bank with two points coming out the other side is the damn and a slight elongated hump down the middle about 2-3 feet high with rocks big and small along it. I wanted to do more but ran out of time due to the water rising. As for the fish I put in channel cat 15 to eat, blue gil,l shell crackers, and bass according to everyone "specs" the old guy also through in black crappie which I did not want but let him talk me into it. He seemes to think he new more about it than the rest of you all because he told me to quit believing everything I read. He even throught them in for free becaause I was persistant on not wanting them. So sucker me who cant pass up anything for free took them. I must say I have had a ball with my kid catching them. Anyway, the catfish are and have been harvested anywhere from 2 pounds and up. The blue gill are longer yhan my hand and as thick some are huge, the crappie are about the same they are all eating size but I am going to wait till next spring before harvesting them to give them a little more time, I have a throw net which just yesterday I caught 10 baby blue gill in anywhere from 4 inches to one inch about the size they were when I bought them in 2 throws of the net. As for the bass none nothing zero I saw one last spring they would have been in my pond at this point for 5 months it was about 4 inches long if I had to guess and he was swimming along the top as if he were cold and slow I caught him with a long net I had and looked at him he looked and swam sluggish so I let him go he swam out of sight and to this day I have not caught, seen or so much as found a dead one since? Oh I also stocked about 8 pounds of fat heads for food. If they lived? I have seen a couple of those dead and floating early spring. I have also had a couple of run ins with blue herrings I am winning the war, few ducks, thousands of tad poles bull frogs and regular frogs out the ying yang and even 1 snake who is no longer with us. And a beaver who stayed for 2 days and decided to move along, he was given a choice and he decided on a new pond possibly further down the road??? Also I have a lot of craw dads which I did not stock but some of those are getting pretty darn big, I found a claw on the bank yesterday it was pretty good size I must have missed one of my winged friends who must have got him. There it is I cant think of anything else except I do not have any ariation though I am thinking of a fountain. I also have a few cattails but they are not to bad. If I forgot anything please let me know. Still seems odd no bass?????? Oh and its all private next to my house of the road so no one but me family and friends are fishing it. I caught a couple of bass this spring 22,21,211/2 and 20 inches about 6 pounds was my biggest, tough year. my buddy wanted me to take them home and put them in I did not however afraid I would mess up the cycle, instead they are in my freezer soon to be in my deep fyrer.