The local dealer for Purina here is Farmers Cooperative. I am told the local stores cannot order Purina fish foods directly (corporate policy). A couple of their other stores can but both are 60 to 100 miles away. The local store manager has to cajole one of the other stores into ordering the product, then, once it's in, do a store to store transfer. It's a hassle for them, and they aren't enthusiastic about doing it. If the outlying store fails to order, they have to be called again. That's how it can take weeks and weeks. If I don't find a good supply chain in the future, I am likely stuck with ordering Optimal or feeding catfish pellets, which the BG do eat along with the CC. The local TSC has the Game Fish Chow fresh in the spring (March). They get a pallet and don't replenish until it's sold. They don't end up selling it all, so it gets old and stale by now.

So, someone who wants to feed fish in this area is kind of stuck.

Most people whom I have talked to around here who have stocked CC off the fish truck just feed dog food by hand, and not even every day. I continue to be amazed by their lack of knowledge about the existence of dedicated fish foods.