Russ,

I have a pond that fluctuates around the 0.45 to 0.50 acre mark just SW of Fort Worth. It was existing on the property when I bought it in January of 2016. It had nothing in it and had never been stocked as far as I know. I didn't really mess with it when building the house which we finished in December 2016. I came to Pond Boss around that time and got pretty active in preparing for Spring stocking. I wound up stocking it this March with Redear Sunfish (RES), Coppernose Bluegill (CNBG), Largemouth Bass (LMB) and Hybrid Striped Bass (HSB) from Overton Fisheries. Don't go anywhere else in Texas if you ever get to the point of stocking fish. www.overtonfisheries.com I also put in 15 pounds of fathead minnows (FHM) and 10 pounds of crawfish. As you can see in the background of one of the pictures the pond is less than 100 feet from my front porch. We love sitting on the porch in the mornings and evenings watching ducks, geese, fish jumping, dog swimming, kids playing, etc. There is always some activity on the pond. My fish have grown quite a bit in 6 months. It was actually 6 months yesterday. I would say a half acre is about as big of pond that I would want to manage with my crazy schedule. Stay connected here at Pond Boss. Tons of useful information and helpful people.

Attached Images
2-11-17 (1).JPG 2-11-17 (10).JPG
Last edited by N.TexasHalfAcre; 09/12/17 09:06 AM.

NTHA - North Texas Half Acre
Cattle Ranch Ponds