When I began feeding aq500 I remember thinking that I had made it to the big time. I was feeding a premium product, the same stuff that the pros on pondboss were using. It seemed to offer a legitimacy to my efforts to grow huge bluegills.

And to be fair, the AQ absolutely grew my fish. The results were incredible. But as my fish continued to grow, I began noticing something I had never seen before. My fish were fat...
As in cut one open, and there was a layer of gelatinous material surrounding their organs. Then others began noticing this with their fish also. Then there began the talk of shortened lifespans,liver damage, etc. To my knowledge nothing concrete or substantial ever came from this talk, so I don't know if there's anything to it. But the seed was planted in my mind, and when the other issues with product consistency and availability reared their heads, that's all it took for me to switch.

And I agree with Bob in that this was about the time Optimal appeared on the market. I had been feeding Skretting, and just wasn't satisfied with it. The optimal has my full attention at the moment. I absolutely love what it's doing for my fish, and the personal attention to customer service has won me over. I never had that with Purina.

"Forget pounds and ounces, I'm figuring displacement!"

If we accept that: MBG(+)FGSF(=)HBG(F1)
And we surmise that: BG(>)HBG(F1) while GSF(<)HBG(F1)
Would it hold true that: HBG(F1)(+)AM500(x)q.d.(=)1.5lbGRWT?
PB answer: It depends.