I have not had any problem with Aquamax for the two years I have been feeding it, other than at times it is hard for me to come by it. Nor have I had any problems with some Sportsman Choice (Cargill) or Optimal. All, as far as I can tell, appear to be what is listed on the tag and the fish gobble all of it down.

Right now I am feeding 36% Sportsman Choice and 32% Purina sportfish (with a small amount of Optimal and Optimal Jr mixed in for the smaller fish) because Tractor Supply keeps the cheaper feeds on hand (though now I have bought their entire supply other than a broken bag) and I ran out of Aquamax MVP a week ago even though my last order to my dealer is 3 weeks old now.

I like MVP. I like it better than mixing AM 600, 500 and a little 400 like I used to. I wish I had it now but I feed what I can get.

I would just like to have it available a little earlier in the season and on a more consistent basis.

I give everybody involved a little slack because I realize hardly anyone in my area feeds fish and the few that do likely mostly purchase 32% catfish food. As far as I know, the two Purina dealers I have dealt with, I am the one and only Aquamax purchaser they have ever had. So it is not surprising they do not want to get stuck with a bunch of stale inventory. I usually order 2 to 4 weeks ahead of my needs, and still do not always get what I want. I just need more people in my area interested in feeding quality feed.

Last edited by snrub; 09/11/17 04:50 PM.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine