I too am very interested. I just do not have anything to add so I do not post. I just check it everyday for updated pictures on the little guys, and a description of where they are at in their lives. I agree on knowing where it came from will change your decisions later on.

This is a very simplified case, but when I was teaching ag (FFA), when I was about to fit a show calf for a show, knowing how the calves hair was taken care of directly effected what I was going to try to do with it. When you had 20 or 30 calves at a fair, time is VERY important, if a calf had not been taken care of correctly the months before the show, I wasn't about to try to spend an hour or so fitting it, when it would not effect the end result any. Now one that had been taken care of correctly and had its hair trained, well I would spend the time. If I spent that amount of time on every calf...well, I would have still been fitting after the fair was over. lol

Watching this has really prompted me to want to try to fix up a better area for spawning before next spring. Love the pics and info Jim...most over my head, but I'm really enjoying it. Thanks for taking the time!